Dallas County, Texas
1.1
Turnaround Time

I noticed the ceiling was cracking at the seams and it looked like there might be a water leak and the plaster began to peel. I called a professional plumber to look at it and he told me the hot water heater pipes aren't hooked up and the pipes don't fit together. Grand sent their warranty person to look at it and he told me one of the vents is new and I said no its not I said the measurements aren't right and they don't line up. He took some pictures and told me he will get back with me later. This is the email he sends to me:

Good afternoon, I met with you this morning on the claim filed with Grand Homes, pertaining to your hot water heater venting. During my inspection I found that the strapping for the vents had been broken, along with some of the strapping for the duct work to the A/C system. Your warranty coverage for major mechanicals had expired in September of 2009. In looking at the condition present, it appears that when the cable company installed your service and wired your home they had damaged the strapping to the water heater vents. This with a combination of weather (winds) have moved the vents causing them to fall. Unfortunately this in not covered under your warranty. The products and the installation was complete, at the time of your closing and passed all city inspection required. The repair of these vents will fall on you as the home owner.

I love my Grand home but I wish they would be honest and upfront about their mistake. It's obvious that the pipes they installed does not line up and the horizontal one is too long so it could not have been connected. I don't know how the vent pipes got longer it just doesn't make sense.

Any word of advice from other Grand Home owners?

This reviewer shared experience about "bad customer satisfaction, quality, and workmanship" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $600. This person is overall dissatisfied with Grand Homes. The most disappointing about home construction at Grand Homes was poor workmanship of build Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies Drees Homes or Plantation Homes that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Grand Homes.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Home Construction and Repair category for more informed decision or compare Grand Homes to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Grand Homes?

Comments

They lie and find any use to void the warranty.They will never fix anything and find a way to blame the homeowner or potential homeowner.

They just take your money and *** you.Best to keep telling others about it and get in touch with good attorney.